SUMMER CAMP PROGRAM
Summer Camps in our region are not just for Young People anymore and lie at the heart of this Region’s Outdoor Ministries
We have numerous opportunities for everyone:
- Adult Camp - For those campers still young at heart from the youthful ages of 18 to 118!! Adult Camp runs from Thursday through Sunday in June.
- Junior Camp is for youth going into 4th, 5th and 6th grades.
- Chi Rho is for youth going into 7th, 8th & 9th.
- CYF Camp is for young people going into 10th, 11th, 12th and newly graduating seniors.
- And last but not definitely not least is our Joy Camp (formerly known as Grandparents & Me Camp) for all those Grandparents (or adopted grandparents) who wish to share the camp experience with their grandchildren (and adopted grandchildren) and who are going into Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd & 3rd grades and in some instances children going into 4th grade who are not quite ready to venture off to camp alone. (In some cases when children do not have a grandparent, a parent can share this experience with their child).
The Community of the Great Commission, located near Foresthill, CA, provides a 450 acre mountain playground in a gorgeous, peaceful and sunny location for up to 115 guests. Savor the views of the High Sierras from the Dining Hall or gather round the fire circle for a songfest.
This place is near and dear to the hearts of many Northern California Disciples for its role in helping transform lives at camps and retreats since 1961.