Annual Gathering 2018For information on our keynotes, workshops, and schedule CLICK HERE
Becoming an Inclusive Church Toolkit
Using the Building an Inclusive Church Toolkit, this workshop will provide the tools that empower congregations to create a grace filled, respectful process towards becoming Open & Affirming, a process uniquely designed for each congregation’s specific needs. This day-long workshop will provide in-depth and hands on training in the tools of Graceful Engagement, One to One Conversations, Storytelling, Framing, and more. These tools are also powerfully useful in many other contexts.
Rev. Dr. Mark Johnston, Executive Director of Alliance Q’s Open & Affirming Ministry Program, will lead this workshop.
Building an Inclusive Church trainings are for leaders in congregations which are considering becoming Open & Affirming and for those who would like to know more about supporting other congregations becoming O&A. This training will hone your skills and give you knowledge about how to help congregations through those necessary conversations toward a fully inclusive church.
- Supporting the birth of 40 new congregations by 2020 that share God’s ancient love in Brand-new ways.
- Facilitating existing congregations’ radical openness to god’s guidance and their communities’ needs (transformation).
- Living into our God-given reconciling, open and inclusive identity which challenges the sins of racism, exclusion and oppression.
- Claiming a belief in a god of Abundance through practicing intentional giving
- Cultivating Disciples of Christ to be dynamic “evangels,” sharing the good news of God’s transforming love
- Developing authentic Disciples leadership for the 21st century church while engaging an ecumenical and inter-faith context
- Calling on local congregations to become “Missional Churches” where servanthood is integral to all ministry
- Creating soul-stirring, life-changing, prayer-full worship and spiritual development.
|May 12, 2018||Camp Staff Training At Arden Christian Church|
|May 18, 2018||CGC Work Days 5/18-5/19 2018|
|May 29, 2018||Recognition and Standing Meeting|
|May 31, 2018||Adult Camp|
|Jun 16, 2018||BOUNDARIES TRAINING: Becoming an Inclusive Church Toolkit|
Change your subscription Change Subscription Status
Archived Regional Voices Issues
Email your press releases to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let us pray for their vitality, spiritual and numerical growth, their commitment to serving their neighborhood and their openness to the Spirit of God calling them into ministry in the 21st century. Please consider incorporating this congregation into your congregational prayers this week during worship or in your newsletter, so we can grow together in prayer.
Regional resources can be found here.